Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Lime-Marinated Flank Steak

I don't have much of an intro to this one. I'm a little behind on my posts and Kill Bill is on TV and keeps pulling my focus away from what I came here to do.

Which was what again?

Oh yeah, recipes, no dairy, lime-marinated flank steak, and so on.


I'd have to give this on an "OK". Maybe it's because I just had this as meat and veggies, but I bet it would be really good as fajita filling or on a roll like a steak sandwich. For me it was just missing something...probably a tortilla or a hoagie roll.

My husband had it on a roll and really like it that way, so I'm just going to go ahead and suggest you prepare this as fajita filling.


But I did really enjoy the lime kick. It's not really a flavor combination that I've tried before and it really worked well. And really you can never go wrong with sauteed red peppers and onions.




Ingredients (from Eat Well, Lose Weight)

1 pound beef flank steak
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup lime juice (about 2 limes)
6 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons fresh oregano
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper

Directions
  1. Trim steak and score both sides in a diamond pattern. Place steak in 1-gallon ziplock bag.
  2. For marinade, in a small bowl, combine water, lime juice, garlic, cilantro, oregano, and chili powder. Pour marinade into bag with steak and allow to marinate for 1 to 2 hours. Or, if you're making a freezer version of this. Just put that bag in the freezer for when you're ready to cook.
  3. Drain steak, reserving marinade. 
  4. Grill 17-20 minutes until desired doneness. Coating with marinade while grilling and turning once.
  5. To serve, thinly slice beef across grain.
I also served this with sauteed onions and red peppers. To make, heat olive oil over medium-high heat add one sliced onion and one sliced red pepper. Cook about 6 minutes until tender. Stirring often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis