Monday, May 7, 2012

Honey-Soy Crunch Pork Chops

I've been slacking on the blog a bit. With the Art Star Craft Bazaar next weekend, I've spent most of the week in basement slaving away over tiny scraps of paper. But I'm here now, and the boy is gone for the week, so in theory, I should have plenty of time to catch up. 

Then again, without the husband around, I may not be cooking the gourmet meals that we're used to. Actually, I'm probably going to use this week to finish up the freezer meals that's he's not interested in. 

I came to that conclusion after the following scene:

Boy: "What'd you take out of the freezer for tomorrow?"
Me: "Fresh tomato soup, it's like cream of tomato without the cream."
Boy: "No. There is no way in hell."
Me: "What?"
Boy: "No. I'm NOT having tomato soup for dinner."
Me: "OK, then you pick something out."

So I will be making that tomorrow(ish)

And instead, he took out something called Double-Crunch Honey Garlic Pork Chops. 


This is another one of those little Pinterest gems that I've been dying to try. It looked so good. I've never made pork chops and actually can't even tell you when I would have had them. Again, it's just not something either of us grew up eating. 


So why not start out with a chop that's covered in a sticky, sweet, slightly spicy sauce?

So, I loved these. I loved the combination of honey, garlic, and soy, but the boy wasn't so much a fan.

Told you we should have had tomato soup.

Either way, this may be for a more "refined pallet" or at least someone who likes the combination of soy and honey.  


I'll try again though, maybe revise the sauce a bit, but pork chops aren't completely off the list for us yet.

I didn't make any adjustments to this recipes so I figured so I would just send you to the original by Rock Recipes.

For the freezer version, I seasoned and dredged the chops and froze. Then I combined the ingredients for the sauce and froze that separately. When ready to cook, I defrosted completely, and...actually, I did make one change. Instead of frying in 1/2-inch of oil, I sauteed in a couple tablespoons.

Enjoy with someone with a more adventurous pallet, but keep some soup on the back burner. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis