Saturday, April 28, 2012

Cilantro Lime Crock Pot Chicken

And now for a meal my husband actually liked! God help me if my kids are as picky as him. OK, in all fairness, he's not that bad. He tries everything I've made and does it without complaining. But I can tell when he doesn't like something. The putting down of the the fork and picking up some crackers from the pantry is usually a good sign that this isn't one of my best efforts.

But not this time! He went in for seconds - and that's always a good sign.

This was seriously deliciously awesomely satisfying. 
The lime made it seem kinda...is "exotic" the right word? And the salsa give it a great spicy kick. 


Combine the fact that this meal is delicious with the fact that it's just 5 ingredients in a crock pot, and I'm completely smitten.


Mmmm...over brown rice. Maybe more corn next time.


Ingredients (adapted from Pip and Ebby)

4-6 chicken breasts
one 24-ounce jar of medium salsa (I just used the Safeway brand)
juice from one lime
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1 package taco seasoning

Directions
  1. Put chicken in crock pot
  2. Put rest of ingredients in crock pot
  3. Set on low, go to work, come home (or more officially, cook for 6-8 hrs)
  4. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis